HR Houston Home
Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Goode Company Restaurants
Bilingual HR Generalist
Houston, TX 77098 United States
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401(k)
HR Generalist - exempt
This role is responsible for executing the Human Resource Generalist duties and responsibilities. The incumbent will work cross functionally with various internal and external partners in support of our organizational Human Resource objectives and strategies and will report directly to the Human Resource/Risk Manager. Responsible for executing plans and strategies that achieve stated objectives in employee relations, recruitment, retention, and benefits. Strives for continual improvement and provides recommendations regarding the development and administration of human resource policies and programs. Assists in informing new employees of human resource policies and programs as needed. Performs general office support functions and assists personnel as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of all payroll functions weekly for all company locations; administers compensation and performance evaluation program.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Monitors compliance and reporting of government mandates such as PPACA and ERISA.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conducts new-employee orientations; responsible for I-9 verification and record retention per current law.
- Assists in the recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; monitors career pathing program, writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee workplace injury program and claims reporting.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resource information. Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database. Ensures that system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked.
- Assists Risk Manager with company property and casualty insurance program and reporting of customer claims.
- Ensures that human resource paper files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Administer company 401(k) plan and participate in annual audit.
- Perform office manager duties, including record retention, equipment purchases, and oversee building maintenance and lease issues, as necessary.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education, training, experience:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal compensation and payroll laws.
- Knowledge of administering employee benefit plans in the health and welfare areas and administering 401(k) retirement programs.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluently bilingual (Spanish) - Required
- A bachelor's degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, OR seven (7) years of experience in the HR field, OR any similar combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years direct payroll experience
- Experience administering employee benefit plans 401(k) retirement programs.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS system.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party record keeping/administration required.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
Terms & Conditions