HR Houston Home
Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Houston, TX 77040 United States
minimum salary $73,306.00
The Compensation Analyst works with the Manager Compensation & Benefits to plan, develop, implement, document and administer all aspects of compensation including job evaluation, market pricing, establishment and annual review of salary structures and ranges, merit budgeting, annual merit increase planning, internal pay equity, incentive programs, expatriate pay programs, and variable pay. This role is critical in the implementation and maintenance of U.S. compensation administration, as well as the expansion of compensation services to international locations where Core Laboratories has employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Actively participates in the planning, design, implementation and administration of compensation programs, providing guidance and assistance to U.S. and international locations regarding compensation programs.
• Provides technical and analytical support for a wide range of compensation projects designed to support business strategies.
• Analyzes market data to identify current trends and market movement, and makes recommendations to the Manager Compensation & Benefits based on insights and observations of the outcome of the analysis.
• Completes annual market analysis and recommends competitive merit budget and structure movement for upcoming fiscal year.
• Serves as primary contact for various compensation survey groups and third party compensation consultants. Seeks new sources of market data applicable to jobs at Core Laboratories.
• Prepares all data submissions to key compensation surveys and answers inquiries related to the submissions.
• Reviews and completes job evaluations on new and revised job descriptions and recommends appropriate salary grade assignments.
• Performs Exemption status review of new and existing U.S. jobs to ensure full compliance with the Exemption provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
• Directs IT in the set-up of information in the Oracle job table and audits job table information to ensure accuracy. Inactivates job information that is no longer used to ensure only current information is available for use in manager self-service.
• Constructs planning documents with extensive employee detail and information needed for the annual merit planning process. Delivers documents electronically to each leader and follows up for return to Compensation to meet payroll deadline. Completes final review and analysis of planning results and prepares summary reports. Prepares final electronic file(s) for payroll upload and implementation in Oracle.
• Assists in the development and implementation of Comp 101 training for managers.
• Identifies and recommends improvement opportunities for existing processes and programs.
• Leads and participates in the design and production of annual Total Compensation Statements for all employees paid on U.S. payroll and several groups outside the U.S.
• Assists in research and special executive compensation projects as directed by the Director Human Resources.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education, training, experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required of the Compensation Analyst. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General qualifications include:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Mathematical aptitude, strong analytical skills.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Robust interpersonal skills.
• Well organized with finely tuned attention to detail.
• Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in compensation planning and analysis in a large company environment. Experience with a global company is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of compensation principles and pay practices.
• Working knowledge of local, state and national laws and regulations pertaining to compensation programs, in particular, the Fair Labor Standards Act.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or SPHR/PHR certification preferred.
Ability to read, comprehend and interpret information. Ability to develop and write correspondence which can be disseminated to executives, managers and supervisors. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Terms & Conditions