HR Houston Home
Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Sales Compensation Leader
Houston, TX 77077 United States
JOB TITLE: Manager, Sales Compensation
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Compensation
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Sales Compensation Manager will be responsible for maintaining and developing compensation programs, policies, and procedures, in order to be responsive to the company’s sales goals and competitive practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as the main point of contact for Operating Companies regarding Marketing Associate Pay. Work with various internal stakeholders (Corporate Sales, Legal, IT, etc.) to appropriately answer Operating Company questions in a timely manner.
• Provide Corporate Sales department with “best practices” and suggestions on various aspects of Sales Pay (e.g., Inside Sales, bonuses for Sales Management, etc.).
• Work closely with Corporate Sales in implementing any future Sales compensation design changes
• Annually conduct analysis on food inflation versus cost of living inflation to determine if any changes need to be made to the commission and/or bonus structure.
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis on Marketing Associate pay by market to ensure market competitiveness.
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis on Marketing Associate pay to understand the impact / effectiveness of the compensation plan (e.g., impact of the bonus plan, etc.).
• Create tailored MA Agreements for Operating Companies when needed and appropriate (for example, custom MA Agreements will be needed in situations of competitive hires).
• Monitor and help enforce plan compliance and consistency of MA Compensation pay structure across Operating Companies.
• Regularly monitor Marketing Associate pay by pay code to ensure base pay is consistent with the plan and subsidies are being clicked down, etc.
• Help create standard forms / processes for plan deviations in the future (for example, % to sale exceptions, competitive hires, etc.)
• This position will be performed from the corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Education, training, experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, MBA a plus
• At least 3 years of Sysco operating company Finance and/or Accounting experience required; knowledge of Sysco commission plans a strong plus. Experience with report development, financial planning and analysis, business analytics, and financial modeling.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Must be able to think conceptually, strategically, and creatively with little oversight or direction
• Very comfortable working with ambiguity (e.g. imperfect data, loosely defined concepts, ideas, or goals) and translating these into more tangible outputs
• Able to perform quantitative analysis using appropriate analytical tools. Requires expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access to develop and troubleshoot reports.
• Requires strong review skills as analysis must be accurate when presented to executives;
• Methodical, hands-on, resourceful, and detail-oriented approach to problem solving and analytical research
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Collaborative; team player with all levels of the organization
• Solid team and project management skills to develop implementation plans and drive execution where appropriate
• Adept at understanding Sysco culture, organization, and financial constraints and working within these to articulate the case for change as appropriate
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Terms & Conditions