HR Houston Home
Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Valero Energy Corporation
Texas City, TX 77590 United States
HR Generalist - exempt
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world’s largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer. Valero supplies fuel and products that improve people’s lives with 16 refineries and 10 ethanol plants stretching from the U.S. West and Gulf coasts to Canada, United Kingdom, and the Caribbean. Well-positioned pipelines and terminals allow Valero to deliver premium-quality clean fuels quickly, responsibly, and efficiently. Our diversified product slate supports dozens of industries, from health care and plastics to transportation, beauty products, and manufacturing.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Serves as an interface in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, labor relations, Affirmative Action, and employment equity programs. Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations. Reviews data and makes recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement. Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
Education, training, experience:
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree with emphasis in human resources, business management or equivalent field of study preferred. Master’s degree in Human Resources or Labor Relations preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years of HR generalist or labor relations experience required
• Ability to perform investigations, provide summaries of results, and make recommendations based on data collected for necessary actions to be taken
• Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification highly preferred
• Ability to objectively coach employees and management through employee relations issues
• Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or government law
An ideal candidate will possess:
• The ability to research and analyze various data and prepare associated reports
• The ability to organize and prioritize work
• Excellent writing and presentation skills required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel required
• The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
POSITION LEVEL AND SALARY WILL BE COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
Terms & Conditions