HR Houston Home
Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Corporate Compensation Analyst
Kingwood, TX 77339 United States
If taking care of human resources is our business,
imagine what we offer our own people.
At Insperity we help businesses provide the best possible benefits and advantages to their employees. Needless to say, we understand that doing more for people is the best way to do things. Look at our benefits package, our work environment and our commitment to your personal and professional success…let’s just say we lead by example. Take a closer look. Then take your place with the company that understands you have a life as well as a career.
Corporate Compensation Analyst
We will rely on you to perform assignments related to the administration, analysis and development of compensation processes and programs. Studies and analyzes jobs, and prepares job descriptions. You will evaluate jobs using established evaluation systems, make recommendations on grade levels and prepare records. Additionally, you will participate in projects as required. You will also be expected to participate in compensation surveys and assist in the administration of performance appraisal/merit/incentive programs, reviewing changes in wages and salaries for conformance to policy, as well as audit evaluation of jobs and application of existing job classifications to individuals.
• Responsible for the effective operation and improvement of multiple compensation processes to include job evaluation, job description development, work design, program and policy application, salary adjustments, and the analysis and preparation of data to support compensation initiatives.
• Evaluates positions using established evaluation systems, makes recommendations on job titles, grade levels, and internal/external market alignment and works with compliance to determine FLSA classification.
• Provides support to the Company's Wage & Salary Committee, compensation administration and pay plan maintenance.
• Provides guidance to managers and supervisors on job description development, organizational structure and compensation-related matters (hiring rates, promotion, equity adjustments, etc.) in order to ensure equitable and consistent salary practices.
• Participates in the annual review of pay practices and trends, to include the statistical analysis of external market data. Participates in projects as required. Involved heavily with annual projects related to corporate compensation programs, annual Executive Compensation study and the Corporate Salary Structure review.
• Researches and analyzes competitive compensation practices in the job market; contributes to established compensation surveys and/or develops and implements custom surveys as appropriate. Keeps apprised of Federal State and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance.
• Performs specialized research studies on a range of compensation topics, as specifically assigned; analyzes and interprets data and prepares summary reports.
• Proactive in identifying potential issues, and anticipates needs of internal clients.
• Participates in the training of new supervisors and managers in the education of Insperity Compensation programs as needed.
• Assists with executive level compensation matters as needed.
• Serves as backup to Director, Corporate Compensation. Communicates with all levels of Management.
• Serves as backup for all ad hoc analysis and reporting related to compensation.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation package and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
• Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal,
Education, training, experience:
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience.
• Five to eight years of experience in human resources with a compensation focus or compensation field is required
• PHR (or SPHR) is preferred; CCP and/or related course work preferred.
• Comprehensive understanding of Excel, Access, HRIS and statistical techniques. Understanding of applicable regulations and statutory constraints.
• Demonstrated high level proficiency in mathematics and analytics.
• Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
• Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
• Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Terms & Conditions