HR Houston Home
Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Harris County Appraisal District
Houston, TX 77040 United States
SALARY: This position is classified in Salary Group 20 with a range of $53,773 - $84,857 depending on experience. The usual starting salary is $53,773.
Under direction, serves as a liaison between the Human Resources (HR) and Information Technology (IT) Departments to provide systems support and analysis and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of the HR Department and users of HR information systems throughout the organization. Works with all levels of HR staff in assessing needs for various business functions. Assists management in identifying and analyzing options and recommends business process enhancements. Performs tests to ensure all processes work according to the pre-determined goals identified. Assists team members in identifying reports that are needed by the department and users of HR information. Provides project oversight from design through implementation. Acts as editor/publisher for the HR Department website to ensure consistency across all units and facilitate new initiatives.
Education, training, experience:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university required with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources or related field.
2. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred.
3. Considerable knowledge of computer operations and computer systems analysis with considerable ability to solve problems related to computer system software and operations.
4. Project management and systems implementation experience preferred.
5. Strong understanding of HR processes and data, such as eligibility and enrollment rules, and benefit procedures in order to ensure correct implementation.
6. Strong understanding of HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools.
7. Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
8. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
9. Considerable ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees and vendors.
Physical and Mental Abilities: While performing duties of this job the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 – 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
Terms & Conditions